Yay! We would love to see a submission from you! Please see below for the guidelines on how to contribute.
What do we publish?
There are two main rules. The content has to be funny and the diaspora of the world has to be able to relate to it.
We accept all styles of fictional writing including satirical new style articles, listicles, 1st person, poems, etc. If you have a style you don’t see on our blog, go ahead and submit it.
Please note that we only accept fully fleshed out pieces. Please do not pitch us an idea.
We also do not submit previously published pieces. Lastly, we do not submit anything that punches down because it’s lazy and we are all better than that.
How do I submit?
We accept submissions through Medium, so please follow these steps to make sure you are able to submit properly:
- If you do not have a Medium account, please create an account. Additionally, please make sure you are a part of the Medium Partner Program so that if your work is published, you can earn money based on the amount of reads.
- Create a story draft. Once you have proofread your draft, please select the three dots in the upper right hand corner and click “share draft link”.
3. In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org please send:
- The draft link
- Your bio
- Your social media links (twitter, instagram, or facebook)
- And where you/your family is from :)
- If your piece is timely, please put TIMELY in the subject line
4. That’s it — pretty easy! Please also make sure to connect with us on social media so that if you’re published, we can help tag you to promote your work.
- Make sure your joke is already in your title.
- Specificity is key — the best pieces offer a unique perspective.
- Make sure it fits our audience — read the other stuff on our site to get a feel for what we like.